Sunday, April 14, 2013

Great Expectations



I know, this doesn't look like my usual color pallet, more like a color wheel exploded all over the quilt room.  These fabrics were selected by a client of mine who had hired me to create a quilt for her.  This quilt was a gift for her first great granddaughter due to be born this May.  She knew just what she wanted, picked out and purchased all the fabrics ahead of time and even selected the pattern / design.  All I had to do with it was piece and quilt it. The pinwheels came together very quickly and were a lot of fun; check out my previous post and tutorial on the process I used for putting them together <HERE>.


The in-process photos of this B&S quilt project.  This was a fun project for me because the lady who hired me chose a full sized quilt pattern and wanted her version of it to be a crib size.  It sounds simple to do, but when the dimensions of a pieced design need to be shrunk it all has to be done .. every dimension of every shape.  Good quilt math practice for me, my 10th grade geometry teacher (Mr. Cataldo) would be proud. :)

Colors chosen were bright and vibrant and off set by  a contrasting fabric called 'confetti', named for the specks of bright colors through it.
Quilt top complete and awaiting backing, quilting and binding.
 



A bit of an up close photo of this quilt top.  As I mentioned, a little more of a a busy design and colors than what I usually use.  However, the purple in this pattern (along the boarder and in the lattice design) match the color in the baby's nursery.  For a little girl's room this should fit right in.
On the quilt frame...
 
Had some extra fabric so the client asked for a small pillow to match...

I had some fun with this one, quick project to put together that was really appreciated by the client who ordered it.  Hopefully the baby that it was made for will enjoy it for years and years.


No comments: